Many parents would prefer opting for healthier alternatives for their children this Halloween season. Below is a list of healthy and fun treats to give to those trick-or-treaters on Halloween night that are bound to satisfy their sweet tooth.
- Try swapping out gummy worm packets with applesauce packs. Give those trick-or-treaters a quick and on-the-go treat to gulp down while they are on their way to the next house.
- Next, swap those Pixy Stix out for cheese sticks. Loaded with 20 percent of your daily recommended calcium intake and loads of cheese to string, this is a healthy go-to option for every trick-or-treater.
- Avoid giving out Swedish Fish and instead opt for organic fruit snacks. Swedish Fish are loaded with 23 grams of sugar, which is bound to give your little one cavities.
- Say no to candy bars this season and say yes to granola bars. Candy bars can be loaded with lots of sugars and fats that can lead to weight gain. Try choosing granola bars as an alternative.
- Skip the candy corn this Halloween season and instead give out pumpkin seeds. Candy corn contains artificial ingredients and sugars. Instead, try giving out pumpkin seeds this year and putting them into little decorative candy bags with other treats.