It’s that time again!
No, I am not referring to the time of year for exciting family get-togethers and never-ending food. (Though it’s that time, too.) I am referring to that stressful time of year when anxiety takes over as you watch your bank account after shopping expenses and holiday travel costs have taken their toll.
Fortunately for all of us, it doesn’t have to be this way. Thanks to Harper’s Bazaar, we can all learn the best traveling tricks to help out our wallets.
These six travel hacks will be sure to save you money this holiday season:
- Book your trip 30 days out (or less). Hotels and airlines usually offer better prices closer to the dates in an effort to fill unsold rooms and seats. If you book too far ahead of time, you may overpay.
- Travel during the week. Plane tickets tend to be cheaper since many opt to travel on weekends.
- Book hotels and flights on Tuesday. Tuesday is reportedly the day to snag the lowest prices.
- Plan a city getaway for the holidays. Holidays are a slow time for bigger cities since many people are leaving. This could mean cheaper hotel rooms for you!
- Try out the unconventional tourist attractions. Exploring the smaller, less-crowded areas of cities could help you to save on your trip. Get to know the locals and their favorite hangs around the city!
- Book a Sunday night during your trip. While Friday and Saturday nights tend to be the busiest hotel nights for travelers, Sunday nights usually offer more availability and lower-priced rooms.
Simply follow these guidelines to travel smarter this year without having to dig too deep into your pockets. Holidays are meant to be a relaxing time spent with family and friends. Don’t let the cost of traveling bring down your holiday cheer!
Share on Social Media