As busy as we all might be, it’s important to slow down and reflect on all we have to be grateful for. Giving back in ways big and small is a great way to get involved in your community and improve the lives of those around you.
Here are a few fun ways to create positive change in your community:
- Feed the hungry. In every town or city, regardless of where you live, there are people struggling with food insecurity. Volunteer at your local soup kitchen or food bank or organize a food drive to help provide meals for those in need.
- Plant a garden. To provide more locally-grown vegetables and fruits, as well as to assist in neighborhood beautification, many people are starting community gardens in their neighborhoods. Try out your green thumb and make some flower beds for people around you to enjoy. You can even invite friends to join in the fun.
- Tutor a student. For those who like to work one-on-one with others, tutoring a student in a subject you excel at is a great way to advance someone’s education. Remember: knowledge is a gift!
- Join a philanthropic organization. There are so many incredible philanthropic organizations and groups focused on every topic from building houses for the homeless, to helping women in times of need or crisis. Pick a topic you are passionate about and see what opportunities there are to join in with like-minded individuals to enact positive change.
- Fill a need. If you have noticed a need within your neighborhood or community that you don’t see being met, take initiative and start a committee or volunteer group to take on the problem. Philanthropic work is often most effective when it is creative.
I’d love to hear about how you choose to get involved in your community!
Share on Social Media