Happy New Year to you and yours! I hope everyone enjoyed watching their local clock strike midnight next with people they love. And, maybe most importantly, I hope you all managed to stay warm!
If, like me, you use this period to reflect on the year behind and strategize for the year ahead, you might be interested in this list of 21 good New Year’s resolutions. I pulled out a few of my favorites:
- Learn a party trick. Or, if you prefer, a joke. Here’s a freebie: “What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear!
- Go to the theatre. Fret not, if Hamilton tickets are out of the question. Check out a community playhouse!
- Walk to work. Even if this means just parking farther away from the door or getting off the bus one stop earlier, a light walk in the morning can help clear your head and prepare you for the day.
- Read a book. I highly recommend the book by Simon Sinek, “Start With Why.” You may have seen his TED Talk on the subject, which I also suggest watching.
- Plant some bulbs. Just set it and forget it! Burying a few bulbs will give you a delightful, colorful surprise once the weather warms back up.