Did you know that one of out 5 Americans suffers from the flu every year? Here are five tips to avoid this nasty virus so you don’t get caught sniffling and sneezing:
- First and foremost, get a flu shot. The influenza vaccine is usually provided by your local pharmacy. It is advised to get your shot by the end of October because flu season peaks between November and March.
- Increase your vitamin C intake. Vitamin C strengthens your immune system and makes you less vulnerable to the virus. Orange juice, supplements, and leafy greens are all great sources of vitamin C.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands with warm water and soap for 15 seconds every time you leave the bathroom and touch communal surfaces.
- Keep your work area germ-free. Store disinfectant wipes in your office. Be sure to wipe down objects that are commonly touched, such as your phone, keyboard, and mouse.
- Quit smoking. People who smoke are prone to having serious responses to the flu than those who do not smoke. Quitting smoking is not only a preventive measure for you, but for those who are around you as well.
Share on Social Media